Although CMHA courses are open to the community-at-large. We have found that some people have a better learning experience when CMHA staff can talk to them about their expectations and specific needs. We can help people choose the right course, make recommendations, and answer questions. You can call us at 403-342-2266.
Art for Wellness is part of our Winter 2019 special programming.
- To register by phone, please call our office at 403-342-2266 and ask to speak to education program staff.
- To register now online, click on the coloured link below for the course you wish to take.
Art for Wellness is a six week program being offered on Saturdays for 6 weeks from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm from February 16 – March 23, 2019 at the CMHA Leaning Annex in downtown Red Deer. There is no charge for this program. CMHA will supply all necessary art supplies including 8.5×11 drawing paper, pencil crayons/markers, magazines, glue, tape. You are welcome to bring your own supplies as well.
The program is limited to 15 participants. Call 403-342-2266 if your plans change and you will not be attending the program as we expect that Art for Wellness will have a waiting list.
- Week One: Vision Board Collages and step one of portraits
- Week Two: These hands, the past and the future
- Week Three : Mandalas: designing our own mandala
- Week Four: Cut and paste a picture to create a new vision
- Week 5: A collaborative project, making a Zine
- Week 6: Self portrait