This year, the CMHA Mental Health Week sub-theme is Sick of waiting: GET LOUD for mental health. We’re sick of waiting a year or more for access to a mental health professional. However, we need more than just access to a doctor and medication if we’re going to prevent illness and promote mental health. We are still waiting for access to counselling, community-based interventions, and social supports that aren’t funded.
- Write and tell us your what you want to Get Loud about! We’ll pass on all the comments we get to everyone who needs to hear from you!.
- Download our Thought Bubble PDF and drop it by our main office at 5017 50th Avenue in downtown Red Deer or fill one out there! We will make sure our elected representatives will get your message.
- Write your MP!
- Contact your MLA
Use this form to write to CMHA Central Alberta
THE CMHA MENTAL HEALTH WEEK WEBSITE
This year, our website will make it easy to GET LOUD to end wait times. Go to mentalhealthweek.ca and just click to “GET LOUD”. Once you’ve clicked through, you can GET LOUD in three ways:
1) GET LOUD through social media by joining our THUNDERCLAP
- Thunderclap is a powerful social sharing tool that will allow Canadians to GET LOUD for mental health, all at once! This is how it works: • Sign up to participate in the Thunderclap.
- A SICK OF WAITING post will then be sent out simultaneously to everyone’s networks! Just like a thunderclap!
- For more information about the Thunderclap, please visit: www.thunderclap.it
2) GET LOUD by letting your MP know that you are sick of waiting. We make it easy to send a letter to your own MP directly from the CMHA Mental Health Week site using the PushPolitics Platform.
3) Donate to support CMHA’s work across Canada to support those who are suffering while they wait for acknowledgement, services, and respect.