- Where: CMHA Learning Annex 4911 51 Street, Suite 404, Red Deer, AB
- When: October 5th 2018 at 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Cost: $100.00 Lunch Included
- Attendance is limited.
- To register by phone, please call our office at 403-342-2266 and ask to speak to education program staff.
- To register now online, click on the coloured link below for the course you wish to take.
Compassion Fatigue Workshop
Compassion Fatigue has been called “the cost of caring” and is experienced by people who are in a helping profession or volunteering as care providers. In this workshop, you will gain a better understanding of Compassion Fatigue and the effects of Vicarious Trauma as well as learning how to build personal resiliency and create an effective self-care plan.
- To define Compassion Fatigue relative to our individual context.
- To gain a better understanding of the signs/effects of Compassion Fatigue (recognition in ourselves and
- To understand risk factors and personal/systemic barriers in receiving help.
- To learn how perceived threat affects us and how we can effectively manage stress.
- To create a personal plan for healing and health while building resiliency skills.
Workshop Speaker Biography: Tim Neubauer (BTh, CCFP, CPHSA) is CMHA Alberta’s Community Resiliency and Wellness Manager. Tim is passionate about working with individuals and organizations in the areas of disaster recovery, emergency preparedness, and psycho-social capacity building. His specialization focuses on working with care providers who may be experiencing compassion fatigue and helping to restore empathic response through education and developing a robust self-care protocol. Tim has brought his training a wide variety of organizations in Alberta.