The Speak Up for Mental Health Survey will help CMHA create new educational programs that are responsive to community needs and that reflect the best of the innovative and well-tested educational programs that are available.
We are reaching out to all of Central Alberta, not just people who live and work in the City of Red Deer. We hope to get respondents who themselves use services, family members and friends,members of the general community, and a wide variety of service providers
Why we’re doing it
- Central Alberta is growing and changing, so our mental health educational programs have to grow and change, too.
- It’s not just that there are more of us; we are also a more diverse community. We are finding that the days of “one size fits all” are over.
- At CMHA we know that there are many different ways to help people recover and begin to live satisfying and productive lives as valued members of their families and the community.
- It’s a great time for us to deliver innovative mental health and wellness education in our community!
What we ask about
The survey looks at needs in the following four areas:
- relationships and communication;
- mental health services and treatment;
- workplace mental health; and
- mental health recovery and wellness.
People answering the survey will also be able to weigh in on the importance of addiction education in these areas.
How people can take the survey:
- Between November 6 and December 28 people can go to www.speakupformentalhealth.com for information about the survey and click to take the survey on-line.
- The survey can also be reached through the CMHA website, https://reddeer.cmha.ca or through social media, like the CMHA Red Deer Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- We are happy to mail surveys to people who do not wish to take the survey online. They can call us at 403-342-2266 and we’ll send one to them. They can drop it in the mail or take it to theCMHA office. We are located at 5017 50th Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 4B2.
- The survey is anonymous. The survey takes some people only 10 minutes or so to complete. Other people may take 30 minutes.
You can help.
- Download these talking points and send them to your friends!
- Click to take the survey now!
- Hang one of our posters where you hang!