At the current time, because of the Covid 19 pandemic, we are now offering one hour online courses using Zoom. We hope our face-to-face regular courses can resume soon.
Please visit our Recovery College Calendar Page to see our current schedule.Click on the links to register for the classes you would like to take. When you register, you will get a confirmation email which includes instructions for using Zoom. Please feel free to come into Zoom 10 minutes before the class if you need a bit of tech support. We do not provide tech support once the class begins.
Our current on line offerings:
- Join us every morning at 9am for a 30 min check in- Get your day off to a good start by doing a few small things together with like-minded people who could use a morning boost.
- Eight Strategies To Help Manage Our Stress And Emotions- A one hour, one session interactive workshop with a focus on understanding and managing our emotions and stress.
- Healthy Boundaries in a Risky World-This one-hour, one session discussion was designed to help people work through boundary issues within their family and friendship groups.
- Practising Mindfulness in our Everyday Lives- A one hour, one session interactive workshop introducing mindfulness as an everyday tool.
Self Care for Caregivers and Everyone- A one hour, one -session interactive workshop with a focus on self-care during difficult times. It is especially helpful for caregivers.
- Stress or Anxiety? Both?- This one-hour, one session workshop will help you come to an understanding of the roles stress and anxiety may play in your life, especially now. You will also learn some techniques that can help you through both.
- Wellness Tools for the New Normal – A one hour, one-session interactive workshop providing an overview and some practice with wellness tools we all can use.
- Virtual Discussion- Join our Peer Supporters in our new one hour virtual discussion group as another way to socially connect with others during this time. Student can participate in recovery-focused discussions, guided activities and light-hearted games that can help us cope during physical distancing measures. Registration is required.
- Caregiver Connections: Online Support Group – The virtual version of our Caregiver Connections Support Group for family members and friends supporting individuals with mental health concerns. This groups meets every Tuesday evening 6:30pm-8:00pm
Friendship Circle: Online Support Group- The virtual version of our Friendship Circle Support Group which is focused on developing relationships, learning together and having a good time together. This group meets every Wednesday afternoon 4:00-5:30pm
As of April 1, 2020 the mental health and wellness education program and our Recovery College of Central Alberta moved to our new home in the Mid City Plaza Building in downtown Red Deer. The address is #303, 4805 48 Street. We are looking forward to using our new space.
Using an educational-based approach, Recovery College offers courses to help people recognize and develop their own resourcefulness and awareness in order to support themselves or their loved one’s recovery journey. All our courses are co-developed and co-delivered in partnership with people who have their own personal experience of a mental health or addiction concern or are supporting a loved one.