October 3, 2018
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
CMHA Learning Annex
Mid City Plaza, 4805 48th Street. Suite 303
Red Deer, Alberta
For more about RentSmart Programs click here.
October 3 – November 7, 2018
6 weeks on Wednesdays
10am – 12pm
RentSmart helps participants to find and keep housing by building knowledge, life skills and confidence to find appropriate housing and to overcome common barriers to accessing housing, and increased skills to stay housed. RentSmart education weaves in key skills and tools to address each potential vulnerability, while the RentSmart certificate opens doors to housing, and education coaches people to apply their knowledge and skills.
RentSmart tenant course includes these components and is backed by RentSmart certificate which can be used by participants to demonstrate their knowledge to prospective landlords.
- Meaning of home – understanding needs and wants;
- Tenant’s rights and responsibilities;
- Landlord’s expectations and responsibilities;
- Financial management for housing affordability;
- Taking care of home – maintenance do’s and don’ts
- Effective communication with landlords, neighbours and roommates; and
- Managing crisis, fie safety, pests and tenant insurance