Canadian Mental Health Association Central Alberta has been committed to improving the mental health and wellness in our community through education since its founding over 50 years ago. The Speak Up for Mental Health Survey will help CMHA create new educational programs that are responsive to community needs and that reflect the best of the innovative and well-tested educational programs that are available.
The survey looks at needs in the following four areas:
- relationships and communication;
- mental health services and treatment;
- workplace mental health; and
- mental health recovery and wellness.
People answering the survey will also be able to weigh in on the importance of addiction education in these areas. A report of the findings will be shared with other Central Alberta organizations so that they, too, can use it in program development.
We are reaching out to all of Central Alberta, not just people who live and work in the City of Red Deer. We hope to get respondents who themselves use services, family members and friends, members of the general community, and a wide variety of service providers.
- Central Alberta is growing and changing, so our mental health educational programs have to grow and change, too.
- It’s not just that there are more of us; we are also a more diverse community. We are finding that the days of “one size fits all” are over.
- At CMHA we know that there are many different ways to help people recover and begin to live satisfying and productive lives as valued members of their families and the community.
- It’s a great time for us to deliver innovative mental health and wellness education in our community!
People can take the survey on-line here.
The survey is anonymous, though we do ask for (but not require) demographic information, for example your age, at the end. The survey takes some people only 10 minutes or so to complete. Other people may take 30 minutes. Although it does not have to be done at one sitting, we recommend that you do not begin answering questions unless you have the time you need.
We are happy to mail surveys to people who do not wish to take the survey online. Just call us at 403-342-2266 and we’ll send one to you. You can also download the survey and complete it yourself or give it to a friend. It looks very long, when printed out in this way. You can drop it in the mail or take it to the CMHA office. We are located at 5017 50th Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4N 4B2.