Art of Friendship
Art of Friendship is an eight-week course that teaches individuals the skills needed to develop and maintain healthy friendships. The course also teaches how to create positive social connections with co-workers, employers, family members, and friends.
Both Daytime and Evening Courses are offered.
Art of Friendship is an 8-week course designed to help people who feel lonely or isolated learn and practice the skills that help people make and keep friends.
It is particularly helpful to people who have lost friends or have had trouble making friends because their experience with mental illness or other disabling conditions have affected their confidence level and self-esteem.
“Empty-nesters”, older people entering retirement, and people new to Red Deer also report that this course has helped them improve their social lives.
These courses will be taught at First Red Deer Place, 4911-51 Street,
in our education program classrooms.
- April 11 – May 30, 2017 (8 weeks on Tuesdays) 1:30 – 3:30
- May 2 – June 20, 2017 (8 weeks on Tuesdays) 6:00 -8:00 PM
There is a $25 fee for the course which includes the manual and other written materials. Bursaries money may be available to people with limited incomes. We never refuse enrollment to people based on an ability to pay for the course.
Attendance is limited to 8 to 12 participants. To register, please call our office at (403) 342-2266 and ask to speak to education program staff. It is very important that group members attend all eight sessions.
- Session 1: Orientation to “Art of Friendship”
- Session 5: Boundaries and Trust
- Session 2: Understanding Human Behaviour
- Session 6: Self-Disclosure
- Session 3: Responsibility and Commitment
- Session 7: Communications and Resolving Conflict
- Session 4: Values
- Session 8: Intimacy and Group Closure
CMHA Learning Annex
First Red Deer Place (ATB Building) Suite 404
Red Deer, Alberta