Attendance is limited to 8-12 participants. You can register for this course online or by phone. There is no fee for this eight week course.
- To register by phone, please call our office at 403-342-2266 and ask to speak to education program staff.
- To register online, click on the coloured link below for the course you wish to take.
WRAP™ is an eight week course that helps people incorporate wellness tools and strategies into their lives. Thousands of people, world-wide, have successfully used what they learned during a WRAP course to live happier and more satisfying lives while improving connections to their families, their friends, and their community.
Initially designed for people with mental health concerns who frequently moved from wellness to increased levels of ill-health, including crisis, WRAP has also been judged effective for people who struggle with the day-to-day management of their lives at work, at school, or at home. WRAP now has been shown to be effective for people with chronic illnesses like diabetes and fibromyalgia or who want to work on weight management and so much more. Call us at 403-342-2266 for more information about WRAP with a special focus.
WRAP is designed to:
- Decrease day-to-day difficulties at home, school, or work;
- Increase personal empowerment;
- Improve quality of life; and
- Assist people in achieving their own life goals and dreams.
When we think of family, we may think of the traditional family – Mom, Dad and children who live, work and play together, however, family is a much broader concept. In WRAP classes, family is a group of people who want to be together in a relationship that supports growth, happiness and wellness.
Families may have had difficult times working together. These patterns may have been established for a long time. Sometimes they are handed down, just like antiques, from generation to generation. Although old habits are often hard to break, it can be done as we “unlearn” them.
We welcome families who wish to take WRAP together as they
- Identify what families need for everyday wellness
- Develop skills and tools from a personal WRAP as well as family WRAP
- Help each member contribute to plans that the family will use to improve day to day interactions, meet daily challenges and promote mutual cooperation