Facilitator Training is a two-day course that trains individuals to facilitate support and education groups. Participants include individuals from not-for-profit organizations, government employees, organizations supporting individuals with disabilities, self-help/peer groups, and others.
For more information please call CMHA at 403-342-2266.
Attendance is limited to 30 participants. You can register online or by phone.
- To register by phone, please call our office at 403-342-2266 and ask to speak to education program staff.
- To register now online, click on the coloured link below for the course you wish to take.
September 27, 2018 to September 28, 2018
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
CMHA Learning Annex, Red Deer Alberta
About Facilitator Training
The Facilitator Training course is designed to meet the training needs of people facilitating time limited and on-going groups or courses. Each participant will receive training material including the complete course and additional resource sheets that you will be able to use as you facilitate groups of your own. The course features both lecture and experiential learning activities. A course attendance certificate will be awarded to those who complete the training.
The Facilitator Training course is offered over two consecutive days during which time the focus is on developing or honing the skills and knowledge needed to successfully facilitate groups. A one day course is being planned for individuals who are seeking assistance creating groups and are new to facilitation.
Attendance is limited to 20 participants.
- Establishing intentions, personal responsibility and group agreements
- Setting the tone: content vs. process
- Defining facilitation
- Defining ourselves as facilitators
- Roles and responsibilities
- Core values, assumptions and principles of facilitation
- Group process
- Behaviours that enhance or hinder groups
- Whether/When Why and How to intervene and practice scenarios
- Working with a co-facilitator
- Working together practice
- The importance of feedback and evaluation
The course meets from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the CMHA Learning Annex, Room 400, First Red Deer Place (ATB Building) in downtown Red Deer. There will be a one-hour lunch break each day as well as 15-minute breaks in both the morning and afternoon. Lunch is on your own.
The fee for the course is $225 Individuals who wish to take the course for whom the tuition would be a hardship and who do not have employer or agency funding may qualify for financial assistance. Early enrollment is advised as this course often fills shortly after being announced. If you need to cancel your registration, we refund fees on a case-by-case basis, depending on timing and other factors.
For more information call us at 403-342-2266.
CMHA Learning Annex
First Red Deer Place (ATB Building) Suite 404
Red Deer, Alberta