Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help caregivers recognize and review risk, and intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. It is by far the most widely used, acclaimed and researched suicide intervention training workshop in the world.
Attending a two-day ASIST course will train you to intervene with an individual who is suicidal. Periodic half day “tune-ups” are required to maintain your certification.
Attendance is limited to 30 participants. You can register online or by phone.
- To register by phone, please call our office at 403-342-2266 and ask to speak to education program staff.
- To register now online, click on the coloured link below for the course you wish to take.When you complete this form, you will be taken to PayPal to make your payment. You can then pay using a credit card or your PayPal account. Please do not leave the page without completing the payment section.
April 25, 2019 to April 26, 2019
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
CMHA Learning Annex, Red Deer Alberta
Organizations or companies can contact us to have ASIST Training for a group.
The goal of ASIST is to enhance a caregiver’s abilities to assist a person at risk to avoid suicide. By completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide;
- discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner;
- identify risk alerts and develop a safe plan related to them;
- demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide;
- list the types of resources available to a person at risk of suicide, including themselves;
- make a commitment to improving community resources and networking; and,
- recognize that suicide prevention is broader than suicide intervention and, includes life promotion and self-care for persons at risk and for caregivers.
CMHA Learning Annex
First Red Deer Place (ATB Building) Suite 404
Red Deer, Alberta