Working with the Centre for Suicide Prevention (CSP), CMHA Central Alberta Region educates people with the information, knowledge and skills necessary to respond to people at risk of suicide. CMHA and CSP teach prevention because prevention is the only solution to suicide.
We offer four workshops:
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) is a two day, intensive, and practice dominated course designed to help caregivers recognize and review risk, and intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
- ASIST Tune-up is a half-day workshop is only for people with a valid ASIST 11 certificate. This will allow you to renew your ASIST certification for a further two years.
- Straight Talk is a half-day workshop is for people working with youth ages 12 to 18.
- Tattered Teddies is a half-day workshop will examine warning signs in a child and intervention strategies.
To see our full schedule please visit http://reddeer.cmha.ca/programs_services/asist/
Download PDF: Centre for Suicide Prevention Winter Spring 2017
For more information, including the schedule for all of 2017, or to register, email us at email@example.com or call CMHA at 403-342-2266.
Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP): Wellness Recovery Action Plan is a self-management and recovery system that helps people incorporate wellness tools and strategies into their lives. Thousands of people, world-wide, have successfully used what they learned at an 8-week WRAP™ course to live happier and more satisfying lives while improving connections to their families, their friends, and their community.
- Daytime Program, adults over 18 only, 8 Tuesday mornings beginning April 11 from 9:30-noon and ending May 30 at the CMHA Learning Annex.
- Evening Program, for individuals, couples, teens attending with an adult, and people who consider themselves to be a family, 8 Thursdays from 5:30 to 8 PM, from May 11 through June 29.
- Fee $25
- For more information see http://reddeer.cmha.ca/programs_services/wrap/
Living Life to the Full: Living Life to the Full is intended for anyone. It is a fun and engaging course that provides people from all walks of life with effective tools to maximize their ability to manage life’s challenges. Each 90-minute session focuses on one topic or the three hour session focuses on two topics.
- Our four week evening workshop (two sessions per date) is from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, beginning Wed. March 1 and ending March 22 at the CMHA Learning Annex.
- Our eight week daytime program (one session per date) is from 10:30 AM to noon starting April 19 and ending June 14 at the CMHA Learning Annex.
- There is a $185 fee for this course.
- For more information see: http://reddeer.cmha.ca/programs_services/living-life-to-the-full/
• Art of Friendship: Art of Friendship is an eight-week Canadian Mental Health Association course for people who want to improve their quality of life by learning and practicing the skills needed to develop and keep healthy friendships.
- The Thursday evening course will begin on March 2 and end April 20, 2017 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at the CMHA Learning Annex.
- The Tuesday daytime course will begin on April 11 and end May 30 from 1:30 to 3:30 PM at the CMHA Learning Annex.
- Fee $25.
- For more information see: http://reddeer.cmha.ca/programs_services/art-of-friendship/
Facilitator Training: Facilitator Training is a two day course that trains individuals to facilitate support and education groups. Participants may include individuals from not-for-profit organizations, government employees, organizations supporting individuals with disabilities, self-help/peer groups, and others.
- The next course will take place March 9th and 10th at the CMHA Learning Annex.
- The fee for the course is $165 for people registering on or before February 27. The fee after February 27 is $195.
- For more information and for a downloadable registration form, see: http://reddeer.cmha.ca/programs_services/facilitator-training/
For more information and to begin the registration process call our education staff at 403-342-2266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please free to download and distribute the following flyers.
- Facilitator Training March 2017
- WRAP April to June 2017 poster
- Centre for Suicide Prevention Winter Spring 2017
- Winter & Spring 2017 (LLTTF, WRAP, AOF) Education flyer
CMHA Red Deer donations and other funding sources make it possible to offset some of the costs for people with limited incomes. We never refuse enrollment to people based on an ability to pay for the course and we will work with you to make the course affordable.
CMHA Learning Annex
First Red Deer Place (ATB building)
4911 – 51 Street, Suite 400
Red Deer, AB